December 29, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Christmas is always a special time of year. What a wonderful time to think about the Savior. This year we had even more to be thankful for. This year I understood more what Mary must have felt on that beautiful day. Brynnlee doesn't know what Christmas is yet, but Kevin and I were excited to spend this time of the year with her. With each though of the Savior, I promised to make sure she will really understand what Christmas means.


Christmas Eve is my favorite part of Christmas. I guess it is the anticipation of waiting for the big day. When we were younger, my mom and dad would always take us to a movie to calm us down. Then we would head home for shrimp and fried rice. My parents would always let us open one present--always pajamas. We still keep this tradition alive. Each Christmas Eve we have a shrimp dinner followed by the opening of our Christmas pajamas. I love getting my pajamas. My nieces Hallie and Hannah are so funny and impatient on Christmas Eve because they want to open all of their presents that night. Because we don't spend Christmas day at my parents, I have all of them open the presents from Kevin and me. This year I made my mom something to hang pictures on. I was really excited for Hannah to open her gift. I gave her over 600 pages of construction paper. The girl loves to create! She was in shock. It is so fun to give just the right present to someone!









I love waking up on Christmas morning. I still get excited like Santa just left me a bunch of presents. Usually I make Kevin wake up early, and he hates it. This year Brynnlee woke him up, so he couldn't be mad! We went through our stockings and looked at the presents we got eachother. Brynnlee played with the new toy my mom and dad gave her. She loved it! Christmas day is started with a huge helping of gingerbread pancakes. My favorite.










We ended the day at the Kevin's parents where we had more fun with family. Our niece and nephews opened their presents. That is my favorite part--especially when they love what you gave. It is always fun to open the stockings here because Kevin's mom puts a lot of love into it. She always adds personal touches to make it fun. Even Brynnlee got some stocking treats! I was excited for Cathy to open the present I gave her. Like my mom, I made it and added our family pictures. I think she likes it. She already has it hanging in her home.


We hope that your Christmas was as magical as ours!

2 comments:

The E's said...

YAY! I'm glad you did it! I LOVE your blog title! Are you an English teacher? haha...I'm excited to see more pictures of your adorable baby!

Katey said...

First off, Holy cow...your sisters have grown up so much. I can't believe it. Second, your new pj's are adorable. I love them. I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas! :)