January 25, 2014

Christmas Eve

We love Christmas Eve pajamas around here. Growing up, I always loved Christmas Eve more than Christmas. Maybe it was the anticipation that I loved. My family always went to a movie and had a special dinner together. I miss that a lot. I have struggled to create a Christmas Eve that made me feel as happy with my own family. So far we have done something different every year instead of tradition activities.

I asked the Sister Missionaries over for lunch this year. I hoped to make sure the girls understood that meaning of Christmas and thought they could help us. After our meal, we read the Christmas story from the Book of Mormon. I want the girls to understand how people knew the Savior was coming and that they knew how important this time was.

Then we opened Christmas jammies, of course. This year Grandma Eames added a special something to the girls pajama presents....hot chocolate mugs. The girls love to drink hot chocolate and loved to open their own mugs. We opened presents, warmed up in baths, made hot chocolate, and cuddled up to watch The Polar Express. It was a magical way to get ready for Christmas.







No comments: