November 8, 2011

A Month of Gratitude #8

Today I have had a hard time thinking about what I am grateful for. I guess I have some stresses that are causing me to be worried instead of grateful. As I was goofing around on the internet today while the girls slept, everything started to shake. It was small and then passed, but then suddenly started up again. It scared me. I wasn't really sure what to do. I was wondering which daughter to go and protect. I had just moved Brynnlee's bed away from the air conditioner in her room because I was afraid that during an earthquake it could fall on her. Brynnlee slept through it all. And Pressley woke up scared and crying so I went to her. The quake made me very grateful for sturdy Japanese buildings. I am also very grateful that none of us were hurt. A few things tipped over, but nothing was damaged. I am very grateful that Heavenly Father watches over us--probably more than I even know.


1 comment:

Jake and Lena B. said...

Scary!!! sturdy buildings are definitely something to be grateful for and one that I don't ever really think about. I love reading your posts. :)