September 9, 2009

Giraffes and Tigers and Bears...Oh My!

On September 5th, we celebrated Brynnlee's first birthday. My parents and sister Rylie came to Colorado Springs for the BIG day. We decided to take Brynnlee to the zoo. We went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo here in the Springs. What a great place! We started by stopping by the Giraffe's home. At this zoo, visitors are able to feed the giraffes. It was so great. The giraffes have really long tongues they use to grab the crackers. Brynnlee loved the giraffes! We saw a lot of great animals at the zoo. Kevin went crazy taking pictures, but I don't think many of you are interested in seeing ten pictures of meerkats!

We also stopped off to visit the tigers. As we stood by the big tiger window, suddenly one of the tigers came running towards us! My heart skipped a beat. I forgot for a minute that we were separated. We got a great picture of Brynnlee and the tiger! She loved it. The bears were also a fun place to stop. You can get really close to the window where they live. They were busy playing and trying to grab the grapes being thrown at them. While Kevin and Rylie were on the sky ride over the zoo, I took Brynnlee on the carousel. It was her first experience on one. I was so excited because I thought she would love it. The ride started, and it went so fast, she almost fell off the horse. I thought it would never end. But I think maybe she liked it a little bit---well at least sitting on the horse!

What a great day! The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is fantastic and fun. I still can't believe my baby is ONE!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We did like the exact same stuff at our zoo. You've probably seen my blog lately. That is so funny. I think we went to the zoo that same day. Dax loved the Meerkats the best.