I wanted to make Valentine's Day special this year. In the end it was Kevin who made it special for me. I came home from school on the Monday before Valentine's. Kevin said, "Did anything interesting happen today?" I told him no....even though I was sure that something did. After all I work with 8th graders, but I didn't think he would think it was interesting. He seemed disappointed. I was confused. Why would he be disappointed? Later that evening, he came home with a beautiful new curling iron. I was really surprised. He told me to expect something everyday until Valentine's Day. When I got to school, there was a gorgeous arrangement of flowers waiting for me. Ahhh, I thought here was the something interesting Kevin was talking about. Throughout the week I received a box of chocolates, an adorable frame with our family picture in it, and a really cute Valentine's Day card. Kevin made this Valentine's special.
I could not do anything to match Kevin's surprise. Yes, I gave him a Valentine's Day gift, and we had a romantic night, but he put so much thought into everything this year. Because of this I want to make it up to him by telling all of you why I love Kevin so much.
Here are the top ten reasons why I love Kevin.
1. He is a wonderful father. I always knew he would be. This is why I wanted to have a baby so much. He is so cute with Brynnlee. I know one day he will play house or dress up with her just to make her happy.
2. He is a hard worker. Let's see.... how many jobs has he had this winter? He is always making sure we have what we need and want.
3. He puts up with me. Maybe this is the number one reason.
4. He is smart. I am constantly amazed with the information Kevin has stuck in his brain. And the words he knows....sometimes I don't even think they are real words.
5. Kevin loves the Lord.
6. He is strong. I will be trying to move or lift something, and I am panting and having a hard time when Kevin will come by and lift it up like it weighs two pounds. I love that whenever there is something heavy to move, I know he can and will do it. And I always have someone to open a jar for me.
7. He serves others. Have you ever had to move? Well, Kevin was probably there with his truck to help you out.
8. He always wears his wedding ring.
9. He makes up songs and sings them to Brynnlee and me. Sometimes when we are in the car, he puts new words to songs on the radio to fit our lives.
10. He is a wonderful man. He does a lot for Brynnlee and me. Kevin will do dishes or vacuum the floor. He even gets up with Brynnlee during the night and early morning. I love that he is home with Brynnlee so that we don't have to take her to daycare.
These are just some of the reasons why I love Kevin. I could go on, but I think you all get the point that he is a spectacular person!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is a great list of reasons why you love Kevin. I'm glad you guys had such a nice Valentine's.
Sounds like you gota keeper! I am happy that you guys are so happy! you deserve it!
Wow! That really was so sweet of Kevin! What a nice guy. I agree you do deserve it.
Post a Comment